Learn how to build and maintain good credit throughout your lifetime. Understanding how life events — marriage, paying for a college education – can affect your credit is important to maintaining a good credit history. Whether you are establishing credit or applying for a home loan, the more you know, the more likely you are to use credit wisely.
- Report Basics
- Score Basics
- Improving Credit
- Preventing Fraud
- Loans and Debt
- Credit Cards: Learn the Basics Before You Apply
- Balance Transfer Credit Cards
- Personal Loans: What to Know Before You Apply
- Debt-to-Income Ratio
- Bankruptcy: How it Works, Types & Consequences
- How to Pay Off Credit Card Debt
- How to Get Out of Debt
- Debt Consolidation: Credit Cards and Loans
- A Debt Management Plan: Is It Right for You?
- Life Events
- Credit Report FAQs
- Credit Score FAQs
- What is Credit
- Credit Myths
- Life Events and Credit
- How to Dispute Credit Report Information
- Disputes FAQs
- Instructions for Disputing by Mail
- Experian’s Document Upload Service
- Annual Credit Report FAQs
- Preapproved Credit Offers
View your free Experian Credit Report every 30 days on sign in.
No credit card required.Get Started for Free
Dear Readers, People often ask if rent-to-own loans help build a credit history. Unfortunately, the answer is no, because such loans are not currently reported to the credit reporting...